Greetings WBYC Sailors
As vaccinations roll out and MN continues to ease restrictions, we are excited to announce that we plan on having a full schedule of sailing for 2021.
The WBYC Sailing Committee has come up with a plan for WBYC club racing based on new guidelines from the MN Governor’s office.
Starting Saturday May 22, 2021
1. All Fleets will be “racing” again! Scores will be kept, and they will be posted online, and we will be awarding series perpetual trophies this season.
2. Sailors from different households will be able to sail on the same boat together if the guidelines outlined in our Covid Protocol plan are followed.
3. Practice continued social distancing practices while on WBYC grounds.
4. Reporting – As a mandatory step in opening our sailing restrictions, we are required to have a plan for reporting all positive cases within our membership to the MDH. So, we must require all sailors to report any positive cases on their team to us, so we can follow up with the MDH. Please report to Ryan Drake at 651-261-8101 or send an email to Ryan Drake.
5. A Covid Protocol is listed on the Race Documents page so please familiarize yourself with it. While racing it is strongly recommended that you always wear face coverings. While on the docks or WBYC grounds it’s required that you wear face coverings and maintain social distancing.
6. New Waiver – a new waiver has been added to the Race Documents page and must be signed by every boat owner or skipper and crew. The signed waiver should accompany your registration and sailing fees and can be mailed to the Registrar, Matt Markoe.
7. There are new SI’s so please review them.
If you have any questions regarding any of these updates, please feel free to reach out and ask.
Past Executive Officer
White Bear Yacht Club Sailing Division