The WBYC Sailing Committee is happy to announce that registration for the 2020 sailing season is open! A new revised set of Sailing Instructions and the COVID Guidelines and Waiver are now on the website and the calendar is up to date.
How to Register:
To login to register, use your email address as your username. And if you forgot your password, it should be at the bottom of the email you got. If you’re still having trouble logging in, please contact the Registrar.
Changes to the Sailing Instructions:
The sailing instructions have been significantly revised, to accommodate for our unique circumstances. To help you understand the new format, here is a summary of the major changes made to the 2020 SI’s.
1. Since we are not allowed to hold adult competitions, we are officially referring all organized on-water activities “practices” or “sailing.”
2. No scores will be kept or posted, and no official WBYC trophies will be awarded. We are looking into fun ways of rewarding those who show up and sail, but not with the traditional hardware.
3. Due to the State of Minnesota’s COVID guidelines, and social distancing requirements, no A Scow racing will take place at WBYC this summer.
4. Registration dues have been reduced and late fees have been waived in response to a shortened season, and a desire of the board to encourage participation and attendance. We also do not want the economic impact of COVID-19 to prevent any of our members from being able to participate.
Please keep in mind, the Sailing Division has fixed costs that must be covered, including Race Committee payroll and judges boat gas and maintenance. We set these fees as low as reasonably possible while still covering our anticipated expenses for the season.
Hull & Skipper: $300
Crew: $50 /person (some boats have a mandatory minimum number of crew)
5. Along with the printed registration form and check, the new COVID-19 Guidelines and Waiver must be signed and sent in to the Registrar, before a boat can complete their registration.
6. Finally, the 2-week required lead time on changes to the Sailing Instructions has been removed from the SI’s. This will allow the board to react to new Executive Orders and adjust our policies immediately. This will help us both stay in compliance with the continually changing guidelines and allow for improvements to be implemented as soon as possible. For example, if Social Distancing guidelines loosen and allow our larger boats to sail with non-household crew, we don’t want to wait to make that change.
Thank you for your patience, as we navigate this new territory. And as always, please feel free to send myself or our Executive Officer Jonathan Staruck any questions regarding this Announcement, the Sailing Instructions, registration documents and waivers, or the upcoming season and schedule.
To begin the registration process, you must first login (upper righthand corner of this screen) and find “3. Registration Form” in the left column.Once you are logged in, use the navigation links on the left side of thescreen to:1) “Edit Your Info” if you have changes in your address or otherpreferences.2) Next, go to “Edit Your Boats” if you have any changes from last year,3) Go to “Registration Form” to print your form.4) Finally, to submit and finalize your registration, mail your form, along with payment in full, to the address provided onthe form.