The 2018 Inland Championships will be held August 12-19, 2018, at the Minnetonka Yacht Club with MCs sailing on Upper Minnetonka. This year, the race format will include a full week of competitive sailing, which provides increased flexibility with the opportunity for great sailing all week long. MYC always puts on a great regatta and it is close by, so there is no reason not to attend!
The race schedule will be:
- A Scows will race Sunday 4pm August 12 – Wednesday 1pm August 15.
- MC Scows (Upper Minnetonka) will race Sunday 4pm August 12 – Wednesday 1pm August 15.
- E Scows will race Thursday August 16 – Sunday August 18.
- C Scows will race Thursday August 16 – Sunday August 19.
The social schedule will be:
- A Scow Fleet Party Monday
- MC Scow Fleet Party Monday
- A & MC Scow Regatta Finale Tuesday on MYC/Lighthouse Island
- E & C Scow Fleet party Thursday on MYC/Lighthouse Island
- E & C Scow Regatta party Saturday on MYC/Lighthouse Island
Minnetonka and the ILYA and have partnered with two hotels for the week-long event.
- The Hotel Landing in Wayzata has a block of rooms at a great rate of $199 a night. The Landing is a brand new hotel located at 925 Lake Street in downtown Wayzata. Please go to this link: The Landing Hotel to secure your room before the block fills up.
- The American Inn located at 570 Pond Promenade, Chanhassen, is also holding a block of rooms. The special rate of 15% off the room of your choice can be applied to your reservation when you book into the Big Inland 2018 room block. Currently, room rates start at $119 after the discount. Please use call them directly at 952-934-3888 and ask for the Big Inland 2018 rate.
Look for the NOR and open registration in the spring.